Mittwoch, Mai 09, 2007

benchmark

Everybody knows that common saying, that the glass is either half full or half empty. How you will see the glass depends on your very own point of view.

Right know I'm facing a few problems with my point of view, especially regarding benchmarking. Am I good? A good athlete, a good colleague, a good person? Compared to all those lazy coach potatoes or boring office jerks I am definitely better than them. But, is better then somebody automatically good? No, not really I guess. Compared to all those super social guys and those "I work 50h a week and train for an ironman successfully" super athletes I regard myself a pretty average. Should I be frustrated now? No, not really. Probably I just have to face it like it is, do as good as I can, always try to do it a little bit better and accept that life can't be perfect.

Perhaps you remember this picture. I took it more than 6 month ago for another posting. Incredible how time passes by. However: I will be on my first business trip for the next days. So, no postings until Monday.

Keine Kommentare: