Mittwoch, Mai 16, 2007

PRINZIPIEN

I do have a few things I do not really like to do but I don’t really care about. And I have principles. Things I would never do. Not for rational reasons, just in principle. As drinking things I’m forced to drink. In principle everything somebody wants me to do where I do not see any rational reason for. I have to agree, I’m a little bit stubborn from time to time.

So, what happens? On my business trip to Poland last week I was forced to drink a Mad Dog – some kind of vodka with Tabasco. A very unpleasant experience everybody in our company has to face. Just because it hurts (or better burns like hell) and because everybody did it. Well, not me. I refused to do it. My boss was a little bit offended but he could accept it as I’m a girl. He really told me, than if I would be male he had to insist on it! Okay! Okay?

And I sunk in my very own discussion about how far would I go for my career? Would I abandon my principles? And If I do so, which would remain untouched and which would I give up? And what would happen if I really would start to weaken my principles?

1 Kommentar:

Kosmonaut hat gesagt…

I nodded on every sentence of your posting because I feel exactly the same.
I'm the king of principles - and most of the times it's really ridiculous to not weaken them a little bit.
I guess I miss quality of life because of that but for some reason I'm not able to jump over my shadow.
Regardless whether it is drinking alcohol, eating animals, watching TV or smoke.
Mel, I guess we are a little bit weird.