Dienstag, Juni 19, 2007

watching music


Today I've done something interesting for the first time: I spend my evening watching music. Not that MTV kind of music. I went to an concert of classical music at the concert hall (Tonhalle). They played Mahlers 6th symphony. I have no idea about the life of Mahler, not even know his surname. And I have absolutely no idea what his music is about. But I like it, and that's important isn't it?
I was always wondering why people go to a classical concert. Can't they just buy a CD? Isn't it boring to sit for over an hour in a room and do nothing else than listening music? No, absolutely not. Neither is it boring nor is it just listening. More over it is challenging: Which instrument is playing at the moment, what is the guy on the frontdesk doing, how many artists are there and so on. There are so many things happens on stage that it is far from boring. I really enjoyed it.

1 Kommentar:

SOe hat gesagt…

So eigenartig es klingen mag, für mich ist der beste Teil das Stimmen der Instrumente. Das versetzt mich in eine spannungsgeladene Vorfreude.